BigE

Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Thread Starter: BigE

oopsy daisy!!

Last Post By: santafewillie Today, 07:25 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland 10-15-2017, 09:23 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: new guy Today, 07:04 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Freight Car Kit Or Scratch Build Contest.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Here is a contest to show our freight, non-revenue and passenger car building skills. The rules are: The car must be built from scratch; or, a kit. No Ready to Run cars are allowed! This is being done with the express purpose of promoting building models, as opposed to purchasing RTR. The...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 12:54 AM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Thread Starter: Chevron_GATX

I finally decided to go N-scale! After wracking my brain as to where to construct a layout, I just went into the garage and measured my Home Depot-built workbench cabinets. It runs most of the width of the garage, but the total area of the countertops measures only 20" x 12'. Though, I figure I can...

Last Post By: TexasAndy 10-16-2017, 03:52 AM Go to last post
    TexasAndy

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

Thread Starter: TexasAndy

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?

Last Post By: wombat457 10-18-2017, 03:48 PM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

santafewillie

Good Morning Everyone. Looks to be 60 and partly cloudy. Weather Underground describes it as "fair"? I generally look. Got back to the routine

santafewillie Today, 07:25 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Do You Prefer Sound or Standard Non-sound DCC Locomotives?

Here is my excuse for having sound equipped locomotives:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs_Hjiak4X8

bnsf971 Today, 07:11 AM Go to last post
    rhoward

I do have a right to defend myself! That is clearly in NYS Law. He hits me, I can defend myself! I don't have the right to beat him up though. So

rhoward Today, 07:06 AM Go to last post
    new guy

My ONE and ONLY project ...

LOL I've had it happen. a moments inattention and my BLI steamer head on met the DD40 at "speed". I was very impressed, all they did was couple,

new guy Today, 07:04 AM Go to last post
    new guy

How do you train an animal?....PAIN! It's the fastest and most reliable method for animals of all kinds including children! Sadly out of style nowadays

new guy Today, 06:59 AM Go to last post
    new guy

MTH Repair Service - A Misnomer?

If I can't sent it to TERRY it don't get fixed! I'll have two steamers for sale here in the near future, they will be cheap as they need repair that is

new guy Today, 06:55 AM Go to last post
    Bruette

Thank you Chet, no need to worry, I have found my rhythm for working. Naps, when needed have become a priority. My free time has been used to catchup

Bruette Today, 06:50 AM Go to last post
    GarryCBQ

Good morning ...

Johnny ... I read that book several years ago. It's a good one.

Louis ... That is a colorful UP locomotive.

GarryCBQ Today, 06:34 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Design Preservation Models quality changes

I have quite a few DPM buildings scattered about my layout. Some are newer ones and some have to be almost 20 years old and I really haven't noticed and

montanan Today, 06:15 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Do You Prefer Sound or Standard Non-sound DCC Locomotives?

[QUOTE=Y3a;459848]The sound gets on my nerves after about an hour.

I will have to agree with you completely. When I am working on the layout

montanan Today, 06:11 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Good morning. A cup of black coffee please Flo. Starting the day off at 56 degrees with radar showing showers moving into the area.

Curt

montanan Today, 06:06 AM Go to last post
    Genetk44

All of which certainly seems seems to be part of the problem today.

Genetk44 Today, 06:06 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles