Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot 02-16-2018, 07:07 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

Thread Starter: bnsf971

Okay, this is the new place. Try not to splash coffee on the walls until the paint dries... Well, try not to get coffee on the walls at all....

Last Post By: BigE 02-15-2018, 03:30 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Try to behave, all y'all remember what happened the last time...

Last Post By: montanan Today, 12:55 PM Go to last post
    autocoach

New HO US 1950's-60's Vehicles from Oxford Diecast for 2017

Thread Starter: autocoach

Yesterday Oxford announced their 2017 program including a few additional HO US cars. Not overly expensive and usually available at very well stocked hobby stores or from larger online merchants. No guarantee when new items will be available. http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-87 I...

Last Post By: montanan 02-16-2018, 12:36 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Interesting track plan, Tupper Lake & Faust Junction

Thread Starter: beiland

This plan appeared in the Handbook #15, Track Planning Ideas from Model Railroader, (58 track plans from past issues), multiple printings beginning in 1981. I'm interested in posting a scan of that layout plan from my issue of that magazine, so that it might be discussed here on the forum. BUT,...

Last Post By: beiland Yesterday, 10:19 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

montanan

They didn't have any traction and they were just spinning their wheels. Heated up and melted the rails.

Joe could probably answer that better

montanan Today, 12:55 PM Go to last post
    Raincoat2

Chet - what on earth did they do to that track in your rail photo???

Raincoat2 Today, 12:52 PM Go to last post
    montanan

Joe - Too late. For the most part, all of my track is complete.

montanan Today, 12:11 PM Go to last post
    WJLI26

Chet: You at get your wish, read somewhere yesterday that PECO was going to North American standard Code 70 in place of their Euro Standard Code 75.

WJLI26 Today, 12:08 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

BIG TIME BUMMER!
    The Spousal Unit and I had just parked in the Riverside Train Station and being Presidents Day - no traffic - we had an extra 30

Sirfoldalot Today, 12:03 PM Go to last post
    montanan

Finally got dug out. Getting tired of winter.

I saw my first NASCAR race in 1957, the Daytona 500 on the beach at Daytona while visiting

montanan Today, 11:11 AM Go to last post
    blackz28

2-6-6-6 ho

2001 run it has a tcs decoder in it & it has a speaker location under the coal load

blackz28 Today, 10:43 AM Go to last post
    Iron Horseman

2-6-6-6 ho

Ditto, it this from the first run or the latest run?

What brand/model of decoder is in it?

Does it have a factory location

Iron Horseman Today, 10:32 AM Go to last post
    PrairieKnight

Atlas Turnout Goblins

I have been following this thread with great interest. I used Atlas snap remote switches on my layout # 540 and #541 when I started three years ago..

PrairieKnight Today, 10:17 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Wouldn't let me post 2 videos in one posting, so here is the 'after' video.

Loong posting link
    http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/11/t/2448...age=11#3039445

beiland Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Out of Spec Wheelsets on new Loco

...excerpted from a Model Railroader forum posting... Thought it might be of interest...

beiland Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    frankbed

Metal handrail stanchions

I have a number of vintage Athearn metal stanchions, new in packages looking for a home. Theses are from the old days the eighties when I was painting

frankbed Today, 09:36 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles