BigE

Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Thread Starter: BigE

oopsy daisy!!

Last Post By: Trussrod Today, 09:34 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland 10-15-2017, 09:23 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: wombat457 Today, 07:05 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Freight Car Kit Or Scratch Build Contest.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Here is a contest to show our freight, non-revenue and passenger car building skills. The rules are: The car must be built from scratch; or, a kit. No Ready to Run cars are allowed! This is being done with the express purpose of promoting building models, as opposed to purchasing RTR. The...

Last Post By: cv_acr Today, 07:08 PM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Thread Starter: Chevron_GATX

I finally decided to go N-scale! After wracking my brain as to where to construct a layout, I just went into the garage and measured my Home Depot-built workbench cabinets. It runs most of the width of the garage, but the total area of the countertops measures only 20" x 12'. Though, I figure I can...

Last Post By: TexasAndy Yesterday, 03:52 AM Go to last post
    TexasAndy

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

Thread Starter: TexasAndy

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?

Last Post By: wombat457 Today, 07:15 PM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

wombat457

It's slowly getting there

No problem, just thought you'd like to see how it would look in 3D. Feel free to tell me to butt out if you think I am interfering though.

wombat457 Today, 10:32 PM Go to last post
    Trussrod

Good evening,

[QUOTE=Iron Horseman;459658]From about a week ago... concerning the Vicksburg bridge.
    Since the KCS is one of my clients

Trussrod Today, 09:34 PM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

How many prefer to by DCC equipped vs. DCC ready?

Definitely, pre-installed! I model N-scale, and most of my already-DCC'd locos were already fairly well discounted by MTS, either equaling the cost of

Chevron_GATX Today, 09:21 PM Go to last post
    oplholik

Kook, thanks wombat.

oplholik Today, 09:21 PM Go to last post
    Trussrod

Good evening all,
    Hi Flo & Francine, How about some coffee and some Ice creme, I need a treat after raking and then watering the front yard

Trussrod Today, 09:13 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

oplholik,

Did your plan in SCARM and you have plenty of room for the cross overs Took the liberty of modifying yours a "little"

wombat457 Today, 09:09 PM Go to last post
    Iron Horseman

From about a week ago... concerning the Vicksburg bridge.
    Since the KCS is one of my clients (well my primary client) I sent them this photo and

Iron Horseman Today, 08:59 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

Nice straight forward design that offers some interaction.

My initial concern is the amount of room you have to obtain the grade needed for

wombat457 Today, 08:34 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

As Gene said, I was buying N Scale Peco track and switches, made in the UK not the US.

Why didn't I post the Hatton's website link? No

wombat457 Today, 07:15 PM Go to last post
    cv_acr

CP de-roofed boxcar for woodchip service. Intermountain 40' PS-1 kit with the roof left out, hinged doors scratchbuilt in styrene, scribed styrene false

cv_acr Today, 07:08 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thanks guys and hope to get this underway this Monday - hopefully.

wombat457 Today, 07:05 PM Go to last post
    cv_acr

CP Rail bulkhead flatcar. Old Proto 2000 52' flatcar kit, stripped paint, new floor from scribed styrene, scratchbuilt bulkheads and custom painted.

cv_acr Today, 07:04 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles