Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot 02-16-2018, 07:07 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

Thread Starter: bnsf971

Okay, this is the new place. Try not to splash coffee on the walls until the paint dries... Well, try not to get coffee on the walls at all....

Last Post By: BigE 02-15-2018, 03:30 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Try to behave, all y'all remember what happened the last time...

Last Post By: GarryCBQ Today, 03:51 PM Go to last post
    autocoach

New HO US 1950's-60's Vehicles from Oxford Diecast for 2017

Thread Starter: autocoach

Yesterday Oxford announced their 2017 program including a few additional HO US cars. Not overly expensive and usually available at very well stocked hobby stores or from larger online merchants. No guarantee when new items will be available. http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-87 I...

Last Post By: montanan 02-16-2018, 12:36 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Interesting track plan, Tupper Lake & Faust Junction

Thread Starter: beiland

This plan appeared in the Handbook #15, Track Planning Ideas from Model Railroader, (58 track plans from past issues), multiple printings beginning in 1981. I'm interested in posting a scan of that layout plan from my issue of that magazine, so that it might be discussed here on the forum. BUT,...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 10:19 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

Railrunner130

Expansion to the Whistlestop RR

Very nice job!

Railrunner130 Today, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

Where have I been all this time?

Olie - You are welcome to join the insanity over at Jeffrey's Diner better known as The Coffee Shop!

Sirfoldalot Today, 06:26 PM Go to last post
    Olie

Where have I been all this time?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. CBCNSfan, anyway I can get my original post back?

Olie Today, 06:22 PM Go to last post
    Rico

Atlas Turnout Goblins

I can say Peco turnouts are a cut above, and I've had no real issues with Walthers to speak of.
    I replaced all the older Atlas switches on the previous

Rico Today, 06:16 PM Go to last post
    Selector

Atlas Turnout Goblins

I can only think of one way in which they might not be compatible, and that would be if the angle from vertical exceeds the angle of the flange away from

Selector Today, 05:23 PM Go to last post
    roofintrash

Expansion to the Whistlestop RR

That is outstanding. Time to blend it all in now.

roofintrash Today, 04:55 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

Latest Purchase...

Yeah they are but I have never put in a sound decoder so wanted to keep it simple to start with. I'd love to have all my loco's with sound and the TCS

wombat457 Today, 04:30 PM Go to last post
    djstrains

Stick it to walthers..build your own

thank you!

djstrains Today, 04:11 PM Go to last post
    GarryCBQ

Curt .... Thanks for your comments.

David ..... If you look at the New Madrid Fault near here, there were 11 micro-earthquakes

GarryCBQ Today, 03:51 PM Go to last post
    Trussrod

Good afternoon.

One of the reports I get from USGS are earth quake magnitude and location. Yellowstone had 14 quakes listed but all were

Trussrod Today, 02:55 PM Go to last post
    southsideandy

Track Laying Template HO

This email went to all Dealer Price Program members a few weeks ago:

Hello!

We are writing to inform you of some major changes

southsideandy Today, 02:21 PM Go to last post
    PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

The boys just went home so some peace and quiet. They did help with the first leaf raking (damn oak trees). Tomorrow we are

PRR Modeler Today, 01:26 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles