Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Watch out for flying coffee cups.

Last Post By: WJLI26 Today, 07:57 PM Go to last post

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I know, it's: "Ask not what the NMRA can do for you; but, rather what you can do for the NMRA"! However, I have been seeking numbers on the membership of the NMRA verses the population of Model Railroaders in the U.S. I have been told that membership in the NMRA is around 17,500 people and that...

Last Post By: WJLI26 Today, 10:25 AM Go to last post

Peco Turnouts

I want to replace an Atlas "Snap Switch" with a Peco #4 Turnout, However, when looking at Peco's inventory, I noticed that Peco's terminology does not give the frog angle, they use terms such as: Small Radius, Medium Radius and Large Radius. Also, I assume that because I prefer powered frogs, I...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr Today, 01:55 PM Go to last post

CMX Track Cleaning Car

Thread Starter: GNMT76

What's been your experience and level of satisfaction with the CMX brass track cleaning car? What solvents have you used and which one seems to work best? The manufacturer suggests lacquer thinner. Comments on the effectiveness of the weight of this car (about a pound) - and the point(s) of...

Last Post By: wombat457 03-17-2018, 12:05 AM Go to last post

What is your favorite freight car and why?

So, what is your favorite Freight; or, Passenger Car? This question also includes Cabooses. Mine favorite freight cars are Box Cars! So many colors and road names and different types. Specifically for me, I love the single sheathed-outside braced wood box car. Although at the end of their...

Last Post By: Y3a 03-16-2018, 07:18 AM Go to last post

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Thread Starter: Yannis

Good morning everyone! Following good advice from fellow modelers, reading and research, i have settled on track-plans for two layouts. One for a future space/home, and one for my current home. Key point here is that the current one is derived from the future one. I started off with what i...

Last Post By: Yannis 03-17-2018, 09:20 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

Just a thought, Terry, How is the city inspector supposed to inspect the system, if the LPG Tank is not present, and fueled. Cannot be fired up without

WJLI26 Today, 07:57 PM Go to last post

O scale Pawling NY station project

Wow George. That looks amazing.

Olie Today, 07:25 PM Go to last post

Decoder problem I think?

It was a "drop in decoder" so there were no wires to attach - removed the original light board and installed the TCS in its place which is on

wombat457 Today, 07:16 PM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

Decoder problem I think?

Sounds like the shell is trapping the flywheels. When you installed the decoder, did you put it on top of the existing motor? Also, stray wires may be

D&J RailRoad Today, 07:06 PM Go to last post

Acrylic Airbrush Paint???????

As I am new to the airbrushing world, I've been using model master acrylic and have found it sprays right out the bottle. Brush painting isn't bad but

Olie Today, 05:15 PM Go to last post

Decoder problem I think?

I few days ago I installed a TCS decoder into a Kato F7 engine. The engine runs beautifully so long as I leave the shell (body) off of it. As soon as

wombat457 Today, 04:58 PM Go to last post

My landlord gave me a call just now, and asked how the new heat was working.
    I told him.
    He is nearly as thrilled as I am. I asked if he would

bnsf971 Today, 04:42 PM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

15 May. 8 weeks away. 37 work days, I plan to take a few days paid time off. 296 work hours.

D&J RailRoad Today, 04:35 PM Go to last post
    Iron Horseman

Lowly Lichen....Anyone Still Use It?

I no longer use lichen, but not for any other reason than that I no longer live in the mountains. I can't walk out my back door and "harvest"

Iron Horseman Today, 04:22 PM Go to last post

We are drifting away from the intent of this thread. One of the biggest disappointments for me in the past 10 years is the loss of Floquil paints, why

NP2626 Today, 04:10 PM Go to last post

D&RGW K-27 #460 ready for painting

My K-27 in Hon3 is painted and decaled.
    The #460 is an odd individual.
    It's the only K27 that looked like this, with long smoke box, spoked

Graff Today, 03:54 PM Go to last post

Not only do I agree with what everyone has said here...... I am also cheap. I fell into the "airbrush acrylic" trap when I purchased my Passche

PrairieKnight Today, 03:41 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles