Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Mind the fresh paint, and check your cups for sawdust.

Last Post By: santafewillie Today, 05:42 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: steveparkinson Yesterday, 07:43 PM Go to last post
    gjohnston

Help Me Plan My Layout

Thread Starter: gjohnston

Hi All, I am new to the hobby. I bought a second hand layout last December, the Atlas plan of the Great Eastern Trunk Railway. I got hooked and decided to build a real Rail Road in the basement. It is currently unfinished but not for long. The drywall and other materials were purchased...

Last Post By: beiland 08-18-2017, 08:23 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland Yesterday, 09:45 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Construction of the Philly & Scranton

Thread Starter: otiscnj

Figured I'd start this thread with a copy of the trackplan I'm starting to build. Up to now, I've been focused on coming up with the trackplan for the Philly & Scranton, which I envision as a branch of the North East Corridor. I've mocked up at full scale some of the locations shown on the plan...

Last Post By: otiscnj 08-18-2017, 03:17 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

santafewillie

Good Morning America. 80 and clear skies. Short day for outdoor chores around here. Going to lunch with another couple after Mass later this morning,

santafewillie Today, 05:42 AM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

I hope that trailer has it's own overrun brakes. Relying on an SUV's brakes with a load like that behind it through mountain roads could be very, very

tootnkumin Today, 05:35 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Leaving for home for the first time now. It's going to be a long day.
    I've arranged for a wrecker to come haul the F150 back home--165 miles...

bnsf971 Today, 03:51 AM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Kato HO SD80MAC Loksound install anyone?

Very timely indeed! The decoder I got was from MB Klein's, a 73431 Select 6 AUX with SD90/43MAC-SD70MAC 16-710GB sounds, 8 pin. A friend at the club has

tootnkumin Today, 03:29 AM Go to last post
    Mark R.

The reason for the size of the enclosure is very carefully calculated in the design stage. Every speaker operates at its maximum potential with a properly

Mark R. Yesterday, 08:40 PM Go to last post
    Mark R.

Rather timely .... I just finished installing a Loksound decoder and 16mm X 35mm speaker / enclosure in a Kato SD80 MAC tonight ! The speaker was a perfect

Mark R. Yesterday, 08:28 PM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Carl/Otis,

Thanks for the feedback and comments. I'll see what I can do for that video, might take a few days to get it up as I've been out

steveparkinson Yesterday, 07:43 PM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

Fingers are crossed brother Terry! Be careful please, and don't worry about the butthurt maniacs behind you blaring their horns.

kbkchooch Yesterday, 07:19 PM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

Good evening guys

Thanks to all who noted Tacoma's passing. He crossed the rainbow bridge today, where his arthritis and his tumor will both

kbkchooch Yesterday, 07:15 PM Go to last post
    Beady

Like this?

Like this?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Beady Yesterday, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

The decision seems to have been made for us.
    I'm catching a ride from the mountains of South Carolina, back home, where I'm going to pick up my

bnsf971 Yesterday, 06:21 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

GREG -- That's great! So far I've patched a hole above the stovetop vent where the idiots who built the house failed to cover where the vent joined the

Sirfoldalot Yesterday, 06:00 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles