Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer 04-25-2017, 08:53 AM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman Yesterday, 11:54 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Grab a cup and a seat.

Last Post By: santafewillie Today, 02:23 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I will show photos; but, am not in a place where I can do that at present. My layout is essentially a three times around loop. The main line is 152 feet in length and there are 4 passing sidings. The layout begins in a staging yard and ends at the same staging yard, only coming in from the other...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 04:05 AM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge

Thread Starter: D&J RailRoad

I am starting this thread as I suspect there will be a lot of activity in the construction I am undertaking. I have a section of my empire that was designed to have a bridge installed. At the time of construction, I didn't have any idea of what kind of bridge I was going to put there. The...

Last Post By: D&J RailRoad 04-25-2017, 02:25 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Along with my posts about: How many articles John Allen wrote in Model Railroader, Did you build a layout when you were a kid, Sentimental Journey: DC power Packs, Upgrading old freight Equipment, etc... I think I have shown that I enjoy taking looks back to what was available, how things where...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 03:16 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

Gdelmoro

Photos on the top of the forum page

How do photos get on the top of the forum home page?

Gdelmoro Today, 04:15 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

The above building is a pure Curren Kitmingle. It was simply entitled a "Wedge Shaped Factory" and was described in Art's book

NP2626 Today, 04:05 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Here is a photo of the back side of the Belvedere Hotel model, showing that it is open and not detailed.

NP2626 Today, 03:25 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

TomStockton, No, start more! The more the merrier! Haven't you heard, nothing on a model railroad is ever really done. The just get taken to a point

NP2626 Today, 03:16 AM Go to last post
    tomstockton

Chet said:

"...but had a lot of other projects going on and never got to it. "

Now THERE is another set of "true

tomstockton Today, 02:52 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

It's crazy...4:00 am and it's 77. That's not supposed to happen until July!
    Back later.

Willie

santafewillie Today, 02:23 AM Go to last post
    Burlington Bob

This is a video from the Chicago Tribune website that they made during the refuel outage at the Quad Cities power plant earlier this spring. It does

Burlington Bob Today, 12:34 AM Go to last post
    Trussrod

< Resumed

Jusstin: Sure you can add some grades, in one of a couple of ways. There is what is referred to as the

Trussrod Today, 12:22 AM Go to last post
    Trussrod

Good evening to all Gandy Dancers and Spike Drivers,

Hi Flo & Francine, How are things here at Jeffreys' Dinner? Seems that your both

Trussrod Today, 12:20 AM Go to last post
    malletman

My wife and I are building a 2 rail O scale layout with mostly equipment dating from the 1950-1970 time frame. Track from AHM/Rivarossi, engines from

malletman Yesterday, 09:02 PM Go to last post
    malletman

O scale 2 rail brass GP35 rebuild

There will be sidings to switch, along with that 2 stall engine house you can see in the pic. I got that and some bench work from Tom Tee at the Indy

malletman Yesterday, 07:59 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

O scale 2 rail brass GP35 rebuild

You going to have any siding off of that almost circle?
    You might resort to scratch building some old timer 32 and 36 foot cars -- even a logging

Sirfoldalot Yesterday, 07:34 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles