Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Try to behave, all y'all remember what happened the last time...

Last Post By: PRR Modeler Today, 01:52 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Hawkesburytrain Yesterday, 08:41 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: wombat457 Yesterday, 09:16 AM Go to last post
    tomstockton

The decline in the number of model railroaders?

Thread Starter: tomstockton

In a different thread, but still here in the General Discussion group, there is a thread discussing the varying amount of participation on this (and other) forums. But "hidden" in that is something I've never considered, and it ties into the header of this thread: "The decline in the number of...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 02:31 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: beiland Yesterday, 06:23 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Interesting track plan, Tupper Lake & Faust Junction

Thread Starter: beiland

This plan appeared in the Handbook #15, Track Planning Ideas from Model Railroader, (58 track plans from past issues), multiple printings beginning in 1981. I'm interested in posting a scan of that layout plan from my issue of that magazine, so that it might be discussed here on the forum. BUT,...

Last Post By: beiland 02-18-2018, 10:19 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

D&J RailRoad

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

I had joined the James River Division of the NMRA way back in the 90s. Not a whole lot of activity amongst the membership. Meetings were to announce

D&J RailRoad Today, 03:01 PM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

No movement

Something is binding. If you can or can't spin the flywheels on the motor, that might give you a clue.

D&J RailRoad Today, 02:48 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

No movement

If you know what the address reset to default 3 is for your decoder, maybe try that and start all over again. Most common seems to be CV8=8, but check

tootnkumin Today, 02:44 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Sounds somewhat like what we are experiencing here with our local AMRA. Questions being asked about why are we (the 4 clubs affiliated to it) bothering

tootnkumin Today, 02:39 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Selector, I guess if others were to state that they did not care for my off handed comments and felt I was out of line making a joke about this thread,

NP2626 Today, 02:31 PM Go to last post
    PRR Modeler

Paul- If you're thinking about painting the track I would definitely do that before ballasting.

PRR Modeler Today, 01:52 PM Go to last post
    oplholik

The wife is ready to go out to lunch in our bone chillin' 50 degree weather. LOL!

The track I have down is all wired, got the table

oplholik Today, 01:33 PM Go to last post
    PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Did a bunch of chores today and then continued planning the freight house. I think all I have left to plan is the deck it

PRR Modeler Today, 01:16 PM Go to last post
    Selector

"... Mr. Chicken Littles..." = Ad Hominem. When you seek to denigrate or to demean people and fail to merely counter their arguments, you

Selector Today, 12:55 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

CMX Track Cleaning Car

Well, looks like my F7 units are going to get a workout

wombat457 Today, 12:20 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

Your opening statement more than likely explains the numbers you found and is the reason for the declining numbers. In conjunction with that, people

wombat457 Today, 12:18 PM Go to last post
    blackz28

No movement

tried it an nothing

blackz28 Today, 12:10 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles