Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Edsland Yesterday, 06:44 PM Go to last post

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Watch out for flying coffee cups.

Last Post By: Flip Today, 08:53 AM Go to last post

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Yankeedave23 03-21-2018, 06:36 AM Go to last post

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I know, it's: "Ask not what the NMRA can do for you; but, rather what you can do for the NMRA"! However, I have been seeking numbers on the membership of the NMRA verses the population of Model Railroaders in the U.S. I have been told that membership in the NMRA is around 17,500 people and that...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 02:28 AM Go to last post

Peco Turnouts

Thread Starter: NP2626

I want to replace an Atlas "Snap Switch" with a Peco #4 Turnout, However, when looking at Peco's inventory, I noticed that Peco's terminology does not give the frog angle, they use terms such as: Small Radius, Medium Radius and Large Radius. Also, I assume that because I prefer powered frogs, I...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr 03-21-2018, 08:41 AM Go to last post

Interesting track plan, Tupper Lake & Faust Junction

Thread Starter: beiland

This plan appeared in the Handbook #15, Track Planning Ideas from Model Railroader, (58 track plans from past issues), multiple printings beginning in 1981. I'm interested in posting a scan of that layout plan from my issue of that magazine, so that it might be discussed here on the forum. BUT,...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 08:48 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

Acrylic Airbrush Paint???????

You mean, why are suppliers pandering to the airbrush guys. Suppliers have been "making decisions" about how we use their paint since day one.

wombat457 Today, 08:56 AM Go to last post

GARRY- Congrats to GD. Have a save trip.
    Keep posting the pictures of your Empire. AWESOME!!!!!

time for

Flip Today, 08:53 AM Go to last post

Paper Templates

So I decided I did not want to spend $9 each for those Fast Track curves, nor wait for their delivery, I made some paper templates of 24" radius

beiland Today, 08:48 AM Go to last post

More Closely Spaced Staging Tracks

I would like to figure out how to make all those curves to the staging tracks at least 24" curves and get them grouped a little closer

beiland Today, 08:39 AM Go to last post

New Staging Idea

I have changed my idea that I presented in this discussion of having my staging on just one side of my layout plan,...and my access to that staging.

beiland Today, 08:37 AM Go to last post

Oldest Grand Daughter just got into National Honor Society. So we are headed to Cincinnati now to celebrate with family.

GarryCBQ Today, 08:19 AM Go to last post

Good late morning to y'all. It's 60* and should get up to 72* .

Chet- I'm still looking for an FEC and /or a SBD duplicate car. Have to

Flip Today, 07:56 AM Go to last post

Good morning. Happy Friday! 39 and sunny. At this rate, yesterday's 14" snowfall should be reduced down to zero by Sunday .

WJLI26 Today, 06:55 AM Go to last post

Good Morning everyone....sunny and seasonal here in Wisconsin.

Made my list for Walthers, just key essentials.

Coming home

Greg@mnrr Today, 06:45 AM Go to last post

Good morning. 39 degrees with some light overnight rail. The snow berms along the driveway are slowly shrinking. Could be gone by half past April.

montanan Today, 06:18 AM Go to last post

Good morning everyone. 51 and partly cloudy, heading for upper 60's/lower 70's today. Will start shifting from hot coffee to iced tea soon

Raincoat2 Today, 05:52 AM Go to last post

Acrylic Airbrush Paint???????

Im not sure why you are bothered or irritated by the responses or the way the thread unfolded. You expressed your thoughts on a subject and folks replied

Genetk44 Today, 05:48 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles