BigE

Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Thread Starter: BigE

oopsy daisy!!

Last Post By: bnsf971 Today, 12:28 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Jon_pdx Today, 02:51 AM Go to last post
    Ericsauto

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Thread Starter: Ericsauto

As suggested I started a new thread from "A sad day for my Central Midland Layout" Thanks for the suggestion.;)

Last Post By: montanan 11-14-2017, 10:45 AM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: wombat457 Yesterday, 02:03 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Sn3

Thread Starter: NP2626

Where I to start over again today, I would model in Sn3 and I would model the Rio Grande Southern. When they were suggesting Scales in this Scale Specific Discussion forum, I feel it is unfortunate that S Scale was overlooked. American Flyer S Scale was fairly popular back in the 50s and 60s. I...

Last Post By: wombat457 Today, 05:55 AM Go to last post
    autocoach

New HO US 1950's-60's Vehicles from Oxford Diecast for 2017

Thread Starter: autocoach

Yesterday Oxford announced their 2017 program including a few additional HO US cars. Not overly expensive and usually available at very well stocked hobby stores or from larger online merchants. No guarantee when new items will be available. http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-87 I...

Last Post By: montanan 11-15-2017, 01:54 PM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

gjohnston

rrcirkits JRMI Controlled Layout

Hi everyone,

I am back into developing the layout after taking the summer and most of the fall off. I ordered some goodies from rrcirkits.com,

gjohnston Today, 02:15 PM Go to last post
    Lynnb

New Layout

Bar Mills Dock House is about complete. Thanks Tony for showing the proper way to post.

Lynnb Today, 01:46 PM Go to last post
    Lynnb

Wombats N Scale Structure Builds

Looks Good Tony, I'm wondering if you need to deal with things like filling in mortar lines different than what us in the HO scale need to do , seeing

Lynnb Today, 01:35 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Sherrel, the wall is 1/8" panel, with foam sandwich insulation. I would probably use #6x 1/2" wood screws, and use a mount that utilizes at

bnsf971 Today, 12:28 PM Go to last post
    BigE

Just went for a walk outside. Big mistake so I cut it short.
    Super windy (30 mph or so) and misting rain.
    Temp around 45 but doesn't feel

BigE Today, 11:51 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

How the hobby has changed!

It served when it was all that was available.

NP2626 Today, 11:23 AM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

Willie Probably because "stuck" in traffic somewhere!

I am hesitant to try and drill a hole until I know what material it is?

Sirfoldalot Today, 11:12 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Not that we didn't notice or care, but you left-coasters have a history of disappearing on us for days and weeks at a time!
    Really, trying to

santafewillie Today, 10:25 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Ditto here. Especially those that normally don't have engines on them.

Willie

santafewillie Today, 10:16 AM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

Good morning: It is 50 heading towards a 79 high with clear sky...bout time ... it's been cloudy/gloomy all week with just a sprinkle during two mornings.

Sirfoldalot Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    trailrider

Aw, why? I know, I know, it oxidizes faster than nickel-silver, the fiber ties warp with the least little moisture, etc., etc. But some of the stuff I

trailrider Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    Greg@mnrr

Free; or, reasonably priced layout design software

Tony:

Nice explanation of Scarm.

Greg

Greg@mnrr Today, 09:26 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles