Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: 2Tracks Yesterday, 06:46 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman Yesterday, 09:15 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Mind the fresh paint, and check your cups for sawdust.

Last Post By: montanan Today, 10:10 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: steveparkinson 08-19-2017, 07:43 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland 08-21-2017, 02:46 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Building a Helix with PVC Pipe

Thread Starter: beiland

I have seen a few discussions of utilizing PVC pipe for sub-roadbed, and this particular one is one of the better ones,... http://cs.trains.com/mrr/f/88/t/137192.aspx?page=1 photos at that site Then he made a few modifications.... So now I'm wondering if portions of this idea are a...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 07:48 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

montanan

Joe - Non of the other club members seem to be concerned at all, with the one exception. Guess that's what you have to put up with at a club. They have

montanan Today, 10:10 AM Go to last post
    WJLI26

Willie: Nice scenery. Question, what is your purpose for the canopy behind and to the inside of the elevator along the back drop? Is it for unloading,

WJLI26 Today, 09:49 AM Go to last post
    BigE

Since I'm out of turf I decided to paint some figurines. None of my layouts in the past ever had people on them. Just ghost railroads that run themselves

BigE Today, 09:48 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Sherrel, I've run #98 before, it's currently at the railroad museum near you.

bnsf971 Today, 09:48 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Greg - I did not want to get into a situation with the other members, one in particular. He was claiming that when I was in the same block (?) that my

montanan Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Sherrel - Great picture. Those FP45's and F45's were really impressive to see in person. They ran them between Ft Worth and Gainesville (and probably

santafewillie Today, 09:39 AM Go to last post
    Greg@mnrr

Chet: Drawing less than a quarter of an amp is not going to harm any quality transformer. I run DCC and have Ramp Meter to measure DCC amps and voltage.

Greg@mnrr Today, 09:23 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Reading it there will be a truly leg-numbing experience...
    Especially if I add in the other three books that camewith it.
    The current plan

bnsf971 Today, 09:16 AM Go to last post
    Greg@mnrr

Michigan Ore Hauling Question...

I email the Minnesota Mining Association and they provided the following information regarding iron ore transportation.

You are correct that

Greg@mnrr Today, 09:08 AM Go to last post
    new guy

EXCELLENT! Awesome! Thank you, now, who makes those in HO? Walthers?

new guy Today, 08:58 AM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

Congrats Terry!
    Might I reccommed placing this book in the bathroom, where you highest probability of it being read is.

kbkchooch Today, 08:43 AM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

WILLIE -- That's just really nice looking. What a difference! I can see the smiles on the faces of the livestock that they finally have some juicy "ground

Sirfoldalot Today, 08:37 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles