BigE

Running Bear's Coffee Sbop LXIX

Thread Starter: BigE

oopsy daisy!!

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot Today, 05:32 PM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: steveparkinson Today, 06:05 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: wombat457 Yesterday, 04:17 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Freight Car Kit Or Scratch Build Contest.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Here is a contest to show our freight, non-revenue and passenger car building skills. The rules are: The car must be built from scratch; or, a kit. No Ready to Run cars are allowed! This is being done with the express purpose of promoting building models, as opposed to purchasing RTR. The...

Last Post By: modelbob Today, 10:52 AM Go to last post
    TexasAndy

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

Thread Starter: TexasAndy

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?

Last Post By: wombat457 10-18-2017, 03:48 PM Go to last post
    RonsTrainsNThings

How to Build Lumber Loads and Cargo Containers

Thread Starter: RonsTrainsNThings

Here is a great way to build easy and inexpensive lumber loads for your centerbeam flat cars. Also included is a method for making intermodal cargo containers with card stock and a printer. https://youtu.be/07FbwgrAgVo

Last Post By: tootnkumin 10-19-2017, 08:30 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

GNMT76

Rivarossi 2-8-2 USRA Mikado

I chanced upon this eBay listing for a NOS Rivarossi 2-8-2. Further down, the listing states that the brand is Bachmann. I've read one source stating

GNMT76 Today, 06:49 PM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

A short run by I did and uploaded, clip contains some patched boxcars I did by hand (last 4 cars before the KCS). I was going to wait to upload until

steveparkinson Today, 06:05 PM Go to last post
    Bruette

New, N train around Xmas tree

Hey Ben,

I have that set, it's a great little set! Handle it gently, those linkages on the locomotive are fragile. My oldest grandson broke

Bruette Today, 05:48 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

BRUCE: aka New Guy!

This sent to me from wife's friend who was really suffering from the Shingles!
    She said the pain was real and that

Sirfoldalot Today, 05:32 PM Go to last post
    Mondo

New, N train around Xmas tree

Awesome thanks Willie. Will go for the kit set and if I feel like the other locomotive I can always grab it later. I won't be diving in to a full set

Mondo Today, 05:27 PM Go to last post
    montanan

Sherrie, I posted three sets of photos on Bob's post of the same scenes with different photos settings. I prefer the ones on the right as they are a bit

montanan Today, 04:54 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

KARL Chet's photos can be made almost rivet counter size by "clicking" on them a couple times. Your do not? Keep working at it!

Sirfoldalot Today, 04:46 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

GREG,

I wish that would happen to me on the selling end! Maybe I need sell-able stuff and not junk!

Sirfoldalot Today, 04:43 PM Go to last post
    Greg@mnrr

Loy's Toys ARSC Reverse Section Controller for Reverse Loops

Iron Horseman:

I already have a Loy's reverse installed and just would like a backup that I can "Plug and Play" into the existing

Greg@mnrr Today, 04:35 PM Go to last post
    Greg@mnrr

Home from the cabin. Drove in heavy rain for an hour and half. Ordered a Chinese food delivery and it will be a two wait time....! Must be delivery

Greg@mnrr Today, 04:30 PM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

More experimentation:

This resizing pics from my phone is a p.i.a.!

kbkchooch Today, 04:21 PM Go to last post
    montanan

Uploading Images - New Method

Here's two more. I prefer the size of the photos on the right. A bit wider than the ones on the left. These were uploaded using the upload symbol on the

montanan Today, 04:12 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles