Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: tootnkumin 09-17-2017, 09:49 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. There's nothing like the smell of fresh paint--err, coffee...

Last Post By: tootnkumin Yesterday, 11:25 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Hawkesburytrain 09-16-2017, 07:01 PM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: otiscnj Yesterday, 10:36 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Along with my posts about: How many articles John Allen wrote in Model Railroader, Did you build a layout when you were a kid, Sentimental Journey: DC power Packs, Upgrading old freight Equipment, etc... I think I have shown that I enjoy taking looks back to what was available, how things where...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 02:59 PM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland 09-15-2017, 12:28 PM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

tootnkumin

Birthday Gift Suggestions....

Yes thanks! (Thought I'd get in while you're in the mood)

tootnkumin Yesterday, 11:31 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Karl,
    I started a thread about it (just below this one), seems it's spread across more than 1 browser.

tootnkumin Yesterday, 11:25 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Dangerous site report from Google Chrome

To write the 1st post I ignored the warning to get on here. I'm still getting the big red page with Google. I tried IE11 before and was told I did not

tootnkumin Yesterday, 11:15 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Steve,

Great video! Should the hillsides have some high tension line towers? Look forward to more postings and progress when you get around

otiscnj Yesterday, 10:36 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Visiting Other Model Railroads.....

In terms of club layouts, amongst my favorites are the NYSME in Carlstadt, NJ. I like their O scale version of the Phoebe Snow. In terms of HO clubs,

otiscnj Yesterday, 10:17 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Do You Work Alone on Your Layout, or Do You Have Friends Help in The Construction?

I'm building my current one by myself, although my wife I'm trying to interest in doing some scenery. Past ones, since 1985 or so, I've built by myself.

otiscnj Yesterday, 10:09 PM Go to last post
    otiscnj

LIONEL's -HO FREEDOM TRAIN

I have one, or I should say that I have a Lionel GS-4 in AFT, and 4 Lionel AFT cars that I got back in the 1970's, mail order, as a broken up train set.

otiscnj Yesterday, 10:07 PM Go to last post
    Trussrod

I've read that Google also funds money to our enemies in the Middle East!!

Trussrod Yesterday, 08:17 PM Go to last post
    CBCNSfan

Yeah! Chrome is very insistent about blocking it. Bob will look into it I guess they want money from him and they have to pay for the advertising here

CBCNSfan Yesterday, 08:12 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

$2500 (there abouts) ahh, thanks for the thought but think I'll start from scratch

wombat457 Yesterday, 07:36 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

Peco PLS-100 SmartSwitch, Servo-Operated Turnout Control System

Horseman,

All I can tell you is that I tried the Blue Cobalt Basic version, there are 3 versions I think, and I liked them for the reasons

wombat457 Yesterday, 07:33 PM Go to last post
    Red Oak & Western

I got the same from Firefox. I said "ignore warning".

Red Oak & Western Yesterday, 07:02 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles