Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Try to behave, all y'all remember what happened the last time...

Last Post By: chessie_system3 Today, 07:27 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Hawkesburytrain 02-21-2018, 08:41 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: wombat457 02-21-2018, 09:16 AM Go to last post
    tomstockton

The decline in the number of model railroaders?

Thread Starter: tomstockton

In a different thread, but still here in the General Discussion group, there is a thread discussing the varying amount of participation on this (and other) forums. But "hidden" in that is something I've never considered, and it ties into the header of this thread: "The decline in the number of...

Last Post By: NP2626 Today, 04:28 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Thread Starter: beiland

While researching this subject recently, of 'excessive size flangeways' in commercially available turnouts, I was finding lots of really interesting discussions scattered about the internet and multiple railroad forums. I was running out of bookmarks to try and recall all of them. That prompted me...

Last Post By: beiland 02-21-2018, 06:23 PM Go to last post
    GaryM

Minimum curves for 85' streamline cars

Thread Starter: GaryM

Help! I'm just starting a layout, and of course, space is a problem. I plan to model the 1955 Empire builder with (mostly) Walthers 85' cars. Will that 15-car train run reliably on 32" curves? I read the RP11 standard, and it suggests that 40" curves will handle all HO rolling stock, but that...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 07:30 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

chessie_system3

I stumbled on to a couple videos. In a three part series. I guess I'm not the only one who is a fan of the old Athearn Blueboxes. This looks like a Ken

chessie_system3 Today, 07:27 PM Go to last post
    CSX_road_slug

I'd love to Chet, 'cept I usually have my hands full keeping the train traffic under control. However, my friend Keith will be shooting photos for an

CSX_road_slug Today, 07:27 PM Go to last post
    CSX_road_slug

No movement

I had trouble with a motor binding on a 20yr-old old Atlas/Roco Alco S-4 switcher. The way I found the problem was by reading the current draw on my

CSX_road_slug Today, 07:05 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

Haven't been on today - trying to get a few things accomplished. Been back and forth to the auto mechanics most all day -neighbors car had to be dropped

Sirfoldalot Today, 07:05 PM Go to last post
    chessie_system3

Criticism towards fellow model railroaders.

That's a spot on reply to a comment like that.

Justin

chessie_system3 Today, 06:37 PM Go to last post
    Red Oak & Western

The best reply to comments like the first is: "Okay, let's see a video of your layout!"

Red Oak & Western Today, 06:33 PM Go to last post
    CN2117

If you want to have a horrible view of humanity, read youtube comments.

It barely matters what the subject of the video is.

CN2117 Today, 06:12 PM Go to last post
    CSX_road_slug

I just went to that youtube web page and there weren't any comments, just the name of the poster and something about a license... [...NEVER

CSX_road_slug Today, 06:01 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Bachmann N Scale DCC 2-6-0

It sounds like a heat induced make and break of a soldered connection. Gets hot because the connection is only partial and causing resistance, cools down

tootnkumin Today, 05:49 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

The guy criticizing in this instance should have kept his mouth SHUT. Criticism in a public format when not asked for is just plain wrong, don't care

NP2626 Today, 05:39 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

You want to try a few car forums when a newbie asks a question or makes a statement/comment that is erronious.

tootnkumin Today, 05:38 PM Go to last post
    WJLI26

When we are critical, we are judging someone by our standards, which is very subjective. Not everyone has the same talents and abilities, or interests.

WJLI26 Today, 04:55 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles