Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: tootnkumin 05-24-2017, 04:28 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: montanan 05-24-2017, 09:54 AM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge

Thread Starter: D&J RailRoad

I am starting this thread as I suspect there will be a lot of activity in the construction I am undertaking. I have a section of my empire that was designed to have a bridge installed. At the time of construction, I didn't have any idea of what kind of bridge I was going to put there. The...

Last Post By: Sirfoldalot Yesterday, 01:01 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: roofintrash Yesterday, 04:29 PM Go to last post
    Mixy

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Thread Starter: Mixy

Hello dear friends, I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html. It has lightweight and intuitive user interface, 3D view, more than 25 track-system libraries and many other cool functions and...

Last Post By: Mixy 05-26-2017, 01:11 PM Go to last post
    NP2626

My Northern Pacific Butte Montana Layout.

Thread Starter: NP2626

I will show photos; but, am not in a place where I can do that at present. My layout is essentially a three times around loop. The main line is 152 feet in length and there are 4 passing sidings. The layout begins in a staging yard and ends at the same staging yard, only coming in from the other...

Last Post By: NP2626 05-25-2017, 09:51 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

Roger Hensley

ECI F Units

Here is a quick shot of the East Central Indiana Railroad (HO) with an F unit train pulling over the river.

Roger Hensley Today, 04:37 AM Go to last post
    Gdelmoro

Scenery Dilemma (What Would Koester Do?)

Add the mirror too!

Gdelmoro Today, 04:36 AM Go to last post
    Gdelmoro

What are there about a 100 UP engines sitting on a track east of Tucson?

A google search (Images) of UP Loco storage in Arizona will provide lots of pics.

Gdelmoro Today, 04:28 AM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Twin City Model RR Museum Lighting

Test it first to make sure it doesn't do what the glue did

tootnkumin Today, 04:23 AM Go to last post
    Gdelmoro

Twin City Model RR Museum Lighting

That's a great idea Toot!

Gdelmoro Today, 04:11 AM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Walthers Modern Roundhouse Buld

You sure do believe in coming back with a flourish, Jerome . Is'ere gon'na be 'nough tracks in'ere for all those switchers?

tootnkumin Today, 12:05 AM Go to last post
    wheeler1963

Walthers Modern Roundhouse Build

I've always wanted a roundhouse on a layout, but never had a layout. So I'm building a large diorama (8' X 6'). My local hobby shop cut me a good deal

wheeler1963 Yesterday, 11:40 PM Go to last post
    Sirfoldalot

Vehicles You Want in Scale

late 40's - early 50's FWD oilfield type trucks wjth long flatbed and with huge off road tires like for hauling big equipment. Halliburton had some monster

Sirfoldalot Yesterday, 10:47 PM Go to last post
    Trussrod

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Good evening all, I've been busy working on my Garden Tractor as I have a lot of mowing of the tall Oats and other weeds. While it runs it dies after

Trussrod Yesterday, 10:12 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

And for those adventurous souls, here is a pic of part of the Driving Creek Railway, a private scenic, purpose built line in the Coromandel Ranges, Coromandel

tootnkumin Yesterday, 09:31 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Remember that ride through NZed's Manawatu gorge video. This milk train wasn't so lucky on it's journey

tootnkumin Yesterday, 08:58 PM Go to last post
    dave1905

Freight Car Routing - My university project moves on

I was thinking more along the lines of lets say I have a station "Coateville". So all the routes and all the customers and cars at that station

dave1905 Yesterday, 08:52 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles