Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: Railrunner130 Yesterday, 04:35 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman 04-23-2017, 12:51 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIV

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Grab a cup and a seat.

Last Post By: D&J RailRoad Today, 07:21 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Along with my posts about: How many articles John Allen wrote in Model Railroader, Did you build a layout when you were a kid, Sentimental Journey: DC power Packs, Upgrading old freight Equipment, etc... I think I have shown that I enjoy taking looks back to what was available, how things where...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 05:25 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Information for just starting out in the hobby!

Thread Starter: NP2626

All of us started out at some point. Starting is maybe the hardest point for everyone, you have little information to go on and are contemplating building a Model Railroad! What scale should you chose? What should be your minimum radius? What era should you model? The list goes on and on. ...

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr Yesterday, 07:59 AM Go to last post
    Chevron_GATX

N-scale Kato Unitrack + Unitram layout: Small-build layout progress thread.

Thread Starter: Chevron_GATX

I finally decided to go N-scale! After wracking my brain as to where to construct a layout, I just went into the garage and measured my Home Depot-built workbench cabinets. It runs most of the width of the garage, but the total area of the countertops measures only 20" x 12'. Though, I figure I can...

Last Post By: Chevron_GATX 04-20-2017, 10:23 PM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

D&J RailRoad

I haven't been doing much work on the bridge in the past few weeks. Income tax forms have been taking up my evenings and yard work on the weekends. I'm

D&J RailRoad Today, 07:21 AM Go to last post
    chessie_system3

Good morning gents. Rainy start to my day today. So with the rain comes layout time! I may come up with something else to add later. I have been moving

chessie_system3 Today, 07:00 AM Go to last post
    montanan

Good morning. 37 degrees with a rain snow mix. YUK.

The Beach Boys were the thing when I was growing up. Had my '69 Chevelle with the optional

montanan Today, 06:32 AM Go to last post
    Saturn5tony

Good morning peeps. Rain all day and still chilly. Time to clean some stuff on my bench. Have a great day.

Saturn5tony Today, 06:27 AM Go to last post
    Raincoat2

Willie:

"Johnny - Quite the concert pairing. I always liked both groups. Only saw the Beach Boys live once around '67 or '68; never

Raincoat2 Today, 06:10 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Good Morning All. 62 and clear today. Well the yard is in remission right now. Not enough rain fell the other day to cause any growth spurts. Switching

santafewillie Today, 05:36 AM Go to last post
    Raincoat2

Good morning all. A cup of coffee and a cinnamon doughnut, please, Flo. 55 here in SW MO heading for 81 today - sunny today followed by 5 days of rain

Raincoat2 Today, 05:16 AM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

I have never been able to understand hockey or the playoff process. Just like basketball. Ya hear all this hype about playoffs but the season seems to

D&J RailRoad Today, 05:15 AM Go to last post
    Raincoat2

Greg - Yes - memories of surfing, cars, girls, high school friends, etc. Love it. Interestingly, at the concert the Temptations were slightly higher-energy

Raincoat2 Today, 05:04 AM Go to last post
    WJLI26

Good morning, y'all. 49 and raining. Today is supposed to be cold and wet.

Karl: I haven't followed things B&O for quite a while, where

WJLI26 Today, 04:52 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Good morning. It's (still) raining and 50.

bnsf971 Today, 04:39 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Why did Bowser stop making Steam Locomotives?

I had an Old Lady Consolidation, which was actually a Varney design that ran like a Swiss watch and was very powerful. I sold it on Ebay as I wasn't

NP2626 Today, 03:58 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles