Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: HOexplorer 08-16-2017, 08:20 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Mind the fresh paint, and check your cups for sawdust.

Last Post By: kbkchooch Today, 02:14 AM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: otiscnj Today, 03:35 AM Go to last post
    gjohnston

Help Me Plan My Layout

Thread Starter: gjohnston

Hi All, I am new to the hobby. I bought a second hand layout last December, the Atlas plan of the Great Eastern Trunk Railway. I got hooked and decided to build a real Rail Road in the basement. It is currently unfinished but not for long. The drywall and other materials were purchased...

Last Post By: beiland Today, 03:36 AM Go to last post
    bobby pitts

LINDE cryo car painted and decaled

Thread Starter: bobby pitts

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53243414@N00/ Well, I've finished the car. If clothes make the man, decals make the tank car. Regards, Bobby

Last Post By: Greg@mnrr 08-14-2017, 11:11 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Please....design a dbl-deck layout in its own Hand-House shed

Thread Starter: beiland

Objective: I want to build a double-deck, around-the-wall, peninsula style layout in a 12x16 shed I have prepared for the job. I have picked out two plans that I found among many that I had saved over the years from magazines, particularly Model Railroader *. A combination and modification of...

Last Post By: beiland 08-15-2017, 09:21 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

otiscnj

Amish International Speedway, Perryville, MD.

Been making some modifications of late, to add space to the Middletown freight yard. Looking to add the Menards power plant in that area, and now have

otiscnj Today, 03:42 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Want to buy first N scale set. Recommendations?

I thought all of Kato's products are made in Japan, even the ones for the US market. Kato makes great stuff. I have their CZ, El Capitan, and Broadway

otiscnj Today, 03:39 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Me Plan My Layout

There is another compliment I must pay you. You have NOT overbuilt the your bench work. When I have looked at many layouts in the past I see then built

beiland Today, 03:36 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Steve,

I have a special request. When you get a chance, I'd like to request that you make a video featuring the trains snaking thru the

otiscnj Today, 03:35 AM Go to last post
    beiland

Help Me Plan My Layout

Sorry to ask the question a second time, but to me it appears there are sections where the track is laid onto a 'blue' subroadbed. with cork roadbed

beiland Today, 03:30 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Construction of the Philly & Scranton

Mid Summer update:

As the wife has been sick since Memorial Day, I haven't really spent much time working on the railroad, however I did

otiscnj Today, 03:17 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Help Me Plan My Layout

Anything new?

otiscnj Today, 03:11 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Radius SweepSticks

Get a yardstick and drill some holes in it, but start place the hole for the center at 1", and go from there.

otiscnj Today, 03:02 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Motive power on the Milwaukee Road Coast Division 18th Subdivision

Depends, partly I think on the period you're modeling. If I'm not mistaken, at one point, at least Chehalis was on the electrified mainline. As such,

otiscnj Today, 02:59 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Waukesha Soo Line Depot

I used to visit Waukeshua in the 80's, but never got a picture of it. Looks about the same, glad to say. I remember it being a nice stone station, which

otiscnj Today, 02:56 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Train Time!

What kind of consist does Amtrak run thru hear, and where does it connect with other Amtrak service?

otiscnj Today, 02:53 AM Go to last post
    otiscnj

Where can I find a RR organizational chart showing who reports to who?

Additionally, if you were an engineer or fireman, you usually had to pass a 'rules test,' periodically, to prove your familiarity with signal indications,

otiscnj Today, 02:37 AM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles