Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: dmirguy 06-23-2017, 12:50 PM Go to last post
    logandsawman

New Layout for LASM

Thread Starter: logandsawman

My first question is, do the delayed uncouplers work, like the magnet that goes under the track, manufactured by Kadee, Bachmann, ? ; and has anyone tried the hump in the classification yard? So the uncoupled cars roll into the classification area? KJC has posted a folded dogbone design that...

Last Post By: logandsawman 06-23-2017, 10:01 AM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXV

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. Don't forget to wipe your feet, and shut the door to keep the A/C in.

Last Post By: santafewillie Today, 05:48 AM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: santafewillie Today, 05:53 AM Go to last post
    D&J RailRoad

Building the Canyon Diablo Bridge

Thread Starter: D&J RailRoad

I am starting this thread as I suspect there will be a lot of activity in the construction I am undertaking. I have a section of my empire that was designed to have a bridge installed. At the time of construction, I didn't have any idea of what kind of bridge I was going to put there. The...

Last Post By: D&J RailRoad 06-21-2017, 02:40 AM Go to last post
    Mixy

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Thread Starter: Mixy

Hello dear friends, I want to introduce my freeware layout design program, called SCARM, which you can download and test from http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html. It has lightweight and intuitive user interface, 3D view, more than 25 track-system libraries and many other cool functions and...

Last Post By: Mixy Yesterday, 02:20 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

dinwitty

Baldwin 'Babyface' Interest Survey

I don't get the dc/dcc concern, any chassis can be either way, it is a non-electrical concern. The only concern I can think of to make the shell as universal

dinwitty Today, 06:47 AM Go to last post
    flyboy2610

Stupid diesel Locomotive question....

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

flyboy2610 Today, 06:46 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Lloyd - Nice job on the scenery. I like the manner in which you blended the foreground into the backdrop as well.

Willie

santafewillie Today, 05:53 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Good Morning All. A very pleasant 65 and partly cloudy today. Never got above 80 yesterday, was able to leave the windows open all day and night. Back

santafewillie Today, 05:48 AM Go to last post
    gator do 65

We're still waiting for the layout photos!

gator do 65 Today, 05:32 AM Go to last post
    Logger Mike

Thanks Willie....I tried to think of every conceivable reason.....except that. Makes sense now. Thanks again.

Mike
    Charlotte, NC

Logger Mike Today, 05:22 AM Go to last post
    santafewillie

Mike - They do it that way, so when they get to their destination, they don't have to turn them around to return. Eliminates the need for a turntable.

santafewillie Today, 05:14 AM Go to last post
    Logger Mike

I'm a steam guy, turn of the century Logging in Particular. So I'm asking a stupid question about Diesel Loco's. 99% of videos or pictures I see of

Logger Mike Today, 04:37 AM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

Good evening gang!

I know I've been scarce of late, trying to catch up. I've just been so Bizzzzy!

Been a beeeeutiful day

kbkchooch Yesterday, 07:43 PM Go to last post
    cajon

GRADE question

Change "any" to "many" & that statement is true but there are/were a few RRs w/4-5 % grades. And the narrow Gauge Uintah Ry had

cajon Yesterday, 07:09 PM Go to last post
    kbkchooch

Ashamed to admit it, but I did this with an Athearn SD40 once, twasn't pretty.

kbkchooch Yesterday, 07:06 PM Go to last post
    GarryCBQ

Good evening.

Toot ..... That is a very nice little model railroad. Thanks for sharing.

Everybody ... Thanks for the thoughts

GarryCBQ Yesterday, 06:45 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles