Modell Railroad Links

• Recent Activity Widget

HOexplorer

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Thread Starter: HOexplorer

This is my opening thread on the PCM&T. It is a small mining layout in SE Alaska up one of the fjords. It is October 1931. Shown is the woodworking being done over my old N scale layout. This layout will have three levels. The highest level will be reached by a switchback. There will be two...

Last Post By: tootnkumin 09-17-2017, 09:49 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Thread Starter: bnsf971

This is the new place. There's nothing like the smell of fresh paint--err, coffee...

Last Post By: bnsf971 Today, 04:02 PM Go to last post
    Hawkesburytrain

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Thread Starter: Hawkesburytrain

Hey everyone, October is just around the corner and I should be starting with my new layout soon. I'm still finishing my basement, still about 1-2 weeks of work. For now, here's an almost final design. Since I'm not very electrically knowledge, I need help. I have a NCE Pro 5 system...

Last Post By: Hawkesburytrain 09-16-2017, 07:01 PM Go to last post
    steveparkinson

Steve's SOCAL BNSF layout

Thread Starter: steveparkinson

Hello all, I am new to this forum and glad to be a part of it. I am looking forward to learning from others and picking up great tools/tips to incorporate into my layout as it takes shape. This is technically my first layout, I started this layout several years ago as a project for my son and I...

Last Post By: Lynnb Today, 08:42 AM Go to last post
    NP2626

Model Railroading in the 50s and 60s.

Thread Starter: NP2626

Along with my posts about: How many articles John Allen wrote in Model Railroader, Did you build a layout when you were a kid, Sentimental Journey: DC power Packs, Upgrading old freight Equipment, etc... I think I have shown that I enjoy taking looks back to what was available, how things where...

Last Post By: NP2626 Yesterday, 02:59 PM Go to last post
    wombat457

My ONE and ONLY project ...

Thread Starter: wombat457

I have to be honest, I am a little hesitant to post anything about this project as some of my previous ventures have not come to fruition for various reasons. This however; is something I have been working on for a couple of weeks and is the 5th or 6th design. For those who know me, you will...

Last Post By: Lynnb Today, 08:39 AM Go to last post
  • Welcome to ModelRailroadForums.com Version 4.0

Welcome to our new server and the new version of Vbulletin!

We have upgraded the forum to provide you with a better user experience. The new server should be faster, and the forum software has some nice new features as well as the usual general improvements and security upgrades.

While it may look different, the place works pretty much the same as always. You should be able to do everything you could previously.

One thing that has changed is that the Photo Gallery has a new location. In order to fully integrate it with the forum software, it needed to be on the same domain. It is now located at http://modelrailroadforums.com/photos This change will solve the log in issues that some members experienced at the previous gallery. Now, one log in will work for the forum, the photo gallery and model railroad product review section. They're also all have tabs in the top menu bar, so you can easily move from area to area on the site.

Welcome to our new home, hope you enjoy the improvements!
  • Recent Forum Posts

bnsf971

I wonder if BOB forgot to send in his monthly "protection" money...

bnsf971 Today, 04:02 PM Go to last post
    Selector

What Voltage Do you Operate your HO DCC On?

I agree...there should be little performance disparity except for output by the motor. The decoder can't boost the voltage that is clipped by your use

Selector Today, 03:55 PM Go to last post
    bnsf971

Google Safe Browsing Warning

Hey, somebody was paying attention...

bnsf971 Today, 03:52 PM Go to last post
    BigE

David, it's something the Google Chrome browser is doing TO us - instead of FOR us. Firefox and MS Edge - I imagine IE wouldn't do it either - don't do

BigE Today, 03:50 PM Go to last post
    Iron Horseman

No, it will not. The actual "smart" electronics in the decoder usually run at about 5 volts achieved through voltage regulators. The voltage

Iron Horseman Today, 03:50 PM Go to last post
    BigE

Sunny and 92.
    It sure is vastly different than the heavy fog that was here until mid-late morning.

I've been casually working on the

BigE Today, 03:43 PM Go to last post
    Red Oak & Western

Step 2. Turn off “safe browsing”.
    Firefox has a feature called “safe browsing” which reports information about your browsing to Google.

Red Oak & Western Today, 03:43 PM Go to last post
    tootnkumin

Interesting, Kevin, ​clicking your link is not responding for me. Think I'll be changing Browser too. How did you stop Firefox to stop talking to

tootnkumin Today, 03:39 PM Go to last post
    Trussrod

The Red Screen mentioned?

Garry and others: After reading a few of the posts about this Red Screen

Trussrod Today, 03:35 PM Go to last post
    Red Oak & Western

Not being a fan of Google and refusing to use Chrome, I wondered why Firefox was reporting a "Google safe browsing" warning. So I did a little

Red Oak & Western Today, 03:22 PM Go to last post
    Bruette

I have a fair amount of knowledge and experience with solid state electronics as it relates to computers and communications equipment. I am also fairly

Bruette Today, 02:58 PM Go to last post
    Bruette

Good afternoon Everybody!

All is well here in southeast Baltimore.

Summer is hanging on, still 84 at 5:41PM

Bruette Today, 02:41 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Articles